“Successful people ask better questions, and as a result, they get better answers.” – Tony Robbins
Your mind will respond to any question you ask it. If you ask, “Why am I such a loser?” or “Why do I always screw everything up?” – you will get an answer. On the other hand, if you ask the right question, you’ll get an answer to it as well. Just skimming over these questions isn’t going to do as much for you as actually pondering them. If you don’t want to do all of them, just take a few and really try to think of an answer. You might be surprised at the reverberations they can create in your life.
1. If you had unlimited money, unlimited time, and no other obligations, what would you be doing over the next year?
2. When you look back at your life, what are you proudest of doing?
3. What do you want your life to look like in five years?
4. If teenage you were able to take a detailed look at your life, what would he be surprised about? What would he think is great? What would he think is bad?
5. What would you like to be written on your gravestone?
6. What are your top three priorities in life?
7. If someone who doesn’t know you had been watching you for the last two weeks, what would he believe your top three priorities are?
8. What am I doing right in my life right now?
9. What am I doing wrong in my life right now?
10. What do I need to forgive myself for?
11. Who are the most important people in my life and am I treating them with the importance they deserve?
12. When you look back at your life, what are you grateful for?
13. Is there something in your life that you are always going to regret if you don’t do it?
14. When you look back at your dreams from when you were younger, how are you living up to them and how are you falling short?
15. Think about a role model you have in your life. If he were put in your position, what would he do?
16. What do you do that makes you stand out from other human beings in a good way?
17. What gets you excited? What lights you up? What makes you want to get out of bed in the morning? How can you get more of this in your life?
18. If you keep doing what you’re doing, will you get to where you want to be?
19. Why do you want to be the best version of yourself?
20. What is your definition of success?
21. Are there activities, habits, or people that make things worse for you and would you be better off if you cut them out of your life?
22. If other people knew the details of your life, would they want to change places with you?
23. What can I do to make the world a better place today?
24. What do you want more of in your life?
25. What do you want less of in your life?
26. What do you need to stop tolerating in your life?
27. If you died tomorrow, how would you evaluate your life?
28. What small change could you make that would take five minutes or less each day that would make a huge difference in your life over time?
29. If you were asked to counsel someone in your position, what would you tell him to do?
30. Look ahead in the future for 10 years. What is the life you MOST FEAR that you will be living then?